Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Aerobic workout after lifting?

I am a 20 year old male and I am currently trying to burn fat and gain muscle simmultaneously. I have heard that this is difficult. This is what I have been doing. I weight 4 times a day and everyday I jog for an hour. When I jog I use my heart rate meter to make sure Im in the 60%-70% of my maximum heart rate, so i primarily burn fat. Also on the days I lift I jog afterwards. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions.



Aerobic workout after lifting?

I%26#039;m 37 year-old male (old fart compared to you!) and am doing the same thing. I lift weights and run 3-4 days a week. Here%26#039;s some tips: If you are overweight, cut out JUNK food and carbs. Drink lots of water. Drink diet soda if you have to. Implement muscle confusion. Mix up your weight liftiing routines every few weeks. Muscles build up %26quot;memory%26quot; and compensate. Eat more protein. Avoid fatty steaks. Hot dogs. Eat more fish and chicken. Diet just as important as exercise.



Aerobic workout after lifting?

If you want to keep the muscle that you are lifting for you need to stop running, period. The best way to control fat loss is through your diet. Us the elliptical machine at your gym at high resistance for 45 min after your workout so you will be burning fat (by the way your target heart rate for burning fat is lower than what you achieve while you are jogging) instead of doing Cardio training which is what you are doing when you run. Make yourself up a 50-30-20 diet which 50% of your calorie intake is protein 30% is carbs (starve the fat feed the muscle) and 20% fats. If you are looking to lose weight take your BMR subtract 500 calories and create your diet from there. Use thecaloriecounter.com to get your caloric, protein, carb, and fat info. good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Elliptical © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting