Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fat Burn vs Cardio Settings on Elliptical?

I%26#039;m exercising to lose weight/fat, and I was wondering what is the best approach to using the elliptical machine at my gym? I can devote 30 minutes 5 days a week. I%26#039;ve been using the fat burn program, but I%26#039;m wondering if I should be using the cardio program instead? Also - the target heart rates for each program are different - low for fat burn, and high for cardio. Since I%26#039;m 45, what is the best target heart rate for burning fat?



Fat Burn vs Cardio Settings on Elliptical?

I was told by my gym guy that that is old information when they made those settings on the Eliptical. What matters most is that you keep moving and keep your heart rate within a normal range for you. Work so that you make it all the way to the end of the time you set, and maybe push yourself a little harder by some reseistence (levels). It%26#039;s OK if your heart rate goes into the %26quot;cardio range%26quot; on that little display. You are still going to burn fat no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Elliptical © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting