Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sucess with beta blockers?

I am 29 and was just put on 25mg toprol for my fast heart rate and slightly high BP. My ekg%26#039;s were fine except for fast heart rate and I had an echo cardiogram and all was fine. Anyone been on beta blockers long term?



How has it helped you?



Sucess with beta blockers?

I am 48 and I was taking Atenenol 50 mg and this past summer my doctor increased it to 100mg. I have had 1 heart attack and stress causes high BP. I am doing fine now. I have been taking this med since I was 38 years old. It keeps my heart rate good. Take care of any stress and keep getting the BP checked. Consult with your doctor about any questions for a professional answer. I was 45 when I had my attack. It definitely has helped me.



Sucess with beta blockers?

my mom is on them. she has this thing where all of a sudden her heart rate with skyrocket. like if she bends over funny (or does bills)



one morning she was standing in the kitchen paying her bills and it started, so she laid down like she ususally does and it wouldnt go away, usually it does in like 15 minutes. it kept going for 2 hours. she came and got me and called 911 and when they got to the house her heart rate was 181, and that was after 2 hours of waiting!!! every test they did came out normal. she%26#039;s on the beta blockers and will be for life. she hasnt had an episode since. and that one was about 2 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Elliptical © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting