Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Left side swelling on abdomen/rib cage...Help?

Ok, two weeks ago I just out of nowhere had this swelling on my left side. Hasn%26#039;t been painful. I went to the emergency room a week ago, told them of all my symptoms.. They did blood tests, monospot tests, and a CAT/CT scan of my abdomen and they found nothing %26#039;abnormal%26#039;. They said I had %26#039;viral syndrome%26#039;, which I%26#039;m better from, and anxiety, because my heart rate was fast and all over the place. ANYways, my question is, my left side still feels swollen, it doesn%26#039;t hurt, though. If I move a certain way I feel as if I have a %26#039;catch%26#039; there. Could my spleen, or something else, be swollen even though they found nothing wrong? I%26#039;ve worked myself into a frenzy with this since last night %26amp; my heart rate has been fast all day long. Any help or reassurance will make me feel so much better. Thank you!



Left side swelling on abdomen/rib cage...Help?

The swelling could very well be the result of muscle contracture. Done to protect the immediate area of irritation. One thing that may be considered would be a rib that is twisted and pressing on the intercostal nerve. This could be confirmed by the simple process of taking a deep breath. If that deep inspiration creates pain and stops the continued inspiration, the diagnosis can be determined.



Left side swelling on abdomen/rib cage...Help?

go and see a doctor about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Elliptical © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting