Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Is it twins?

Hello everyone, Im kind of confused. Today I am 17 weeks pregnant, my only ultrasound was at 8 weeks, it showed one baby, since then all I have had is the sound of my babys heartbeat, the one my doc uses is a doppler but it doesnt show how fast the heart rate is, looks older. I bought my own 2007 model, expensive, I used it today and on my left side it showed 140bpm, normal, then i picked up something on my right side like 120something then i moved the probe to the middle of my stomach and got 229 and higher could i have picked up two heart rates, twins? my doc only listens to my baby for about 20 seconds, or is something wrong with my child?



Is it twins?

There%26#039;s always a possibility that you could be having twins. Are you measuring large? Sometimes the placement of the baby can be hard to see and 8 weeks can be too early, but it is rare. Remember, when the doctor uses the doppler, they only look for one heartbeat and when they find it, they%26#039;re done unless they know you%26#039;re having multiples. At 17 weeks, you should be almost due for your %26quot;big%26quot; ultrasound where they measure the organs and tell you the gender and they should be able to see more clearly. I%26#039;ve never heard of a heartbeat of 229 for a baby...that seems high. My son%26#039;s was always around 130-140. Unless you%26#039;ve been trained to use a doppler, your personal use might not be very accurate. If you%26#039;re concerned, talk to your doctor!



Is it twins?

well when I was in for mine the Dr was trying to listen for the heartbeat and when I thought she finally had it she said %26quot;no that%26#039;s not it, that%26#039;s you%26quot; so your own heartbeat can be picked up by the Doppler so you have to know what you are looking for and where to find it. My suggestion would be to get some help from a trained professional so you know where to put it and what to look for. You more then likely only have 1 baby if you had an ultrasound even though it was when you were 8 weeks. Good Luck with your pregnancy keep us posted!!!!



Is it twins?

cool, I have no idea what%26#039;s going on. Your U/S at 8 weeks would have shown if you were carrying twins. Your MD only listens long enough to check that there%26#039;s a baby%26#039;s heart beat. The actual heart rate of the baby varies from minute to minute depending on it%26#039;s activity and whether you have just had a glucose load (will increase it%26#039;s heart rate). It%26#039;s heart rate averages around 150 bpm. Your own heart rate should be between 60 and 100 bpm. There will be lots of people out there who will tell you all sorts of stories (boy baby heart rate higher than girl baby or vice versa... it%26#039;s all tales).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Elliptical © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting